Zydus Infrastructure Pvt. Limited received notification for its Sector Specific SEZ for Pharmaceutical Formulations on 28/09/2006 and now it is known as PHARMEZ. Under Phase I of PHARMEZ, 48.83 Hectares of land was developed and made operational during 2009. This SEZ consists of 46.45 hectares of processing area and 2.38 hectares of non-processing area. PHARMEZ has 12 units, each having its area ranging from 1 hectare to 5 hectares. Now expansion is in process and action plans is attached herewith.
The PHARMEZ is located in the Sarkhej- Bawla Highway No 8A, about 24 kms from Ahmedabad. It is strategically located in pharma corridor, also known as the Golden Pharma corridor of Gujarat and near to Mundra and Kandla sea ports. Being close to fast growing mega city, Ahmedabad, it offers ample opportunities to all class of entrepreneur.
- FORMAL APPROVAL BY BOA, NEW DELHI : 21/06/2006
- NOTIFICATION GOI New Delhi : 28/09/2006
- PERMISSION FROM GUJARAT GROUND WATER AUTHORITY, GoG, Gandhinagar : 05/09/2006
- N.O.C. FROM G.P.C.B. Gandhinagar : 14/09/2006
- APPONT. OF SPECIFIED OFFICER, Excise Dept : 15/10/2006
- DEMARCATION OF AREAS by DEVELOPMENT COMMISSIONER KASEZ : 06/11/2006
- ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE FROM I.C, GoG : 14/12/2006
- AUTHORISED OPERATIONS, Director, SEZ, New Delhi : 13/02/2007
- CONSTITUTION OF DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE : 14/02/2007
- SERVICE TAX BENEFIT CERTIFICATE : 01/03/2007
- CONSTITUTION OF APPROVAL COMMITTEE : 19/09/2007
- Addition of 1.4585 hectares land : 06/10/2016
- Addition of 64.4823 hectares land in PHASE-II : 04/09/2017
- Corporate Unit Holders :
- Zydus Animal Health and Investment Limited
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Cadila Healthcare Limited
- Piramal Enterprise Limited
- Mylan Laboratories Limited
- Biotech Vision Care Private Limited
- Fisher Biopharma Services Private Limited
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Amneal Pharamaceuticals Limited
- Zydus Hospira Oncology Private Limited
Export till Date
- Figures in Crores
Investment till date
- Indigenous (Figures in Crores)
- FDI(Figures in Crores)
Employment till date
- Indirect Employment
- Direct Employment
Import till Date
- Figures in Crores
SEZS IN INDIA
The fundamental goals of Special Economic Zone (SEZ) conspire are: Attracting Foreign Direct Venture (FDI), acquiring outside trade, boosting the fare particularly the non-traditional fares, making work openings, presenting new innovation, growing in reverse districts, animating development in areas like: hardware, data innovation, R&D, foundation and HR improvement that are respected imperative to the economy and making in reverse and forward linkages to build the yield and raise the standard of nearby venture that supply products and enterprises to the zone and subsequently creating extra monetary action. Administration of India ordered The Special Economic Zone Act 2005 and surrounded SEZ Rules 2006. The Government offers different motivating forces to units coming up in SEZ.
Special Economic Zones (SEZs) are development motors that can support producing, expand sends out and create business. Special Economic Zone (SEZ) is an explicitly outlined obligation free enclave and will be esteemed to be outside an area with the end goal of exchange and activities and obligation and levies.
The merchandise and ventures going into Special Economic Zone region from DTA will be treated as fares and products originating from Special Economic Zone territory into DTA will be treated as though these are being imported. SEZ units might be set up for assembling of products and/or rendering of administrations.
SEZS IN GUJARAT
The State Government has additionally presented: Gujarat SEZ Regulations 2007, Guideline for Preparing Master Plan for SEZ, General Development Control Regulation for SEZ (GDCR) 2007, and Gujarat SEZ Amendment Act 2007.
Legislature of Gujarat has concurred need for setting up special economic zones and has presented the Special Economic Zone Act 2004. The SEZ demonstration was made operational from may 2004. The state government additionally acquainted revision with the mechanical contest act 1947 for giving adaptable work in exceptional financial zones.
THE ADVANTAGES OF INVESTING IN GUJARAT
- Gujarat is India’s leading industrialized state. A number of multinational corporations, large private sectors companies, strong public sector enterprises are headquartered in the state.
- With highly skilled manpower, Gujarat ranks the highest in terms of harmonious labour relations in india.
- Excellent road network.
- Network of premier educational institutions.
- Longest coastline of 1600 kms, dotted with 41 ports, country’s first private sector ports.
- An extensive rail network connecting all major centres in the state.
- Strong entrepreneurial tradition has fuelled the state’s growth over the years.
- Gujarat is one of the first few states in india to have encouraged private sector investment in infrastructure.